Century 1 Rules & Regulations
FOR GUESTS AND RENTERS
REVISED MAY 2016
1. All persons visiting and/or residing at Century I Condominium shall abide by the Rules and Regulations of the said Century I Condominium, including but not limited to the Condominium Declaration, the Condominium By-Laws, all Ordinances of the City of Ocean City, MD, and specifically those ordinances relating to noise and pets, applicable local, county, and state ordinances and laws, and all Rules and Regulations promulgated on behalf of the members of the Century I Condominium Owners Association by the Board of Directors of the Century I Condominium Owners Association. The Ordinances of the City of Ocean City, Maryland and any and all applicable local, county, and state of Maryland laws and ordinances are hereby incorporated into and made a part of these Century I Owners Rules and Regulations by reference.
2. SHUT OFF : During any period when a unit is not occupied, it is the responsibility of the Unit Owner to ensure that the water, the icemaker, and the circuit breaker for the water heater are turned off. It is also the responsibility of the Unit Owner to ensure that the unit is secure by closing and locking all exterior doors. During the winter months when the unit is unoccupied the unit heater should be set to no lower than 50 degrees, Fahrenheit, and all balcony furniture brought inside the unit.
3. EVICTION : All rental lease agreements, whether written or verbal, shall provide notice to tenants that they are subject to immediate eviction from the leased premises by the Unit Owner, the Management Staff, or local rental agent for a violation of any element of these Rules and Regulations, as defined above. Each lease agreement shall include a copy of these Rules and Regulations, receipt of which shall be acknowledged by the tenant in writing. Proof of receipt of the Rules and Regulations must be presented at registration as a condition precedent to receipt of a parking permit.
4. PETS : Only unit OWNERS and family members may have animals on the Condominium property (units and common areas). 1. Pets must be registered with the Building Management and display a Century I identification tag. Century 1 Condominium Rules & Regulations Revised May 2016 2. Pets must be leashed or in a pet carrier while on the common areas, including, but not limited to, the lobby, the meeting room, all hallways, all stairways, the deck, all beach access pathways, and the parking lot. 3. Pet waste must be picked up immediately by the owner and properly disposed of. 4. Pets are not permitted in the exercise room or the pool area. Any violation of these rules will subject the pet owner to the following penalties: The first offense is $50.00, second offense is $100.00, and each subsequent offense will be assessed in $50.00 increments. If penalties are not paid, they will be forwarded to the Association attorney for collection. The Board of Directors asks that all unit owners who bring pets on the Century I property to please be considerate of others when moving about the building. If a unit owner rents his or her unit, or allows guests to use his or her unit, the unit owner is asked that he or she please inform his or her tenants or guests that, with the exception of service dogs (with valid ID), they are not permitted to bring an animal onto Century I Condominium property.
5. KEYS : All unit owners must provide the Condominium Association Board with all keys necessary to access their unit. If for any reason a lock is changed or additional locks are installed, replacement keys must be provided. The Board of Directors has designated the Building Manager as its agent to serve as custodian of the unit keys. If a unit owner fails to provide the Building Manager with all keys necessary to access his or her unit and there is an emergency requiring access to that unit, the door will be forcibly opened. The cost of all subsequent repairs to the unit door or the building as a result of any forcible opening is the responsibility of the unit owner.
6. CARS : During the period from Memorial Day Weekend to the end of September, all inclusive, no more than one motor vehicle per unit shall be on the parking lot unless extra parking is arranged upon availability. All motor vehicles on the parking lot during this period, whether owners, guests, or tenants, must display a current parking permit. Motor vehicles that do not display a current parking permit, or that are in any other way in violation of Century I Rules and Regulations, will be towed at the owner’s expense. Century 1 Condominium Rules & Regulations Revised May 2016
7. COOKING : Grills, hibachis and other cooking devices may not be used on balconies by order of the Ocean City Fire Department.
8. ALCOHOL : Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed or carried in open containers in any of the common areas of Century I Condominium including, but not limited to, the parking lot, lobby, elevators, all stairwells, the pool area, and exercise room. The legal age for consuming alcoholic beverages in the State of Maryland is twenty-one (21) years old. Persons under twenty-one (21) years of age found drinking alcoholic beverages on Century I property will be evicted from the property and are subject to arrest and prosecution.
9. THROWING : Throwing any object from balconies, walkways, and stairways is prohibited. Persons violating this rule are subject to eviction, arrest and prosecution.
10. RAILINGS : Placing anything on or hanging anything over balcony railings is prohibited.
11. NOISE : Stereos, televisions and similar devices shall not be operated at unreasonable volume levels or times that reasonably annoy or disturb any other person. The Board of Directors asks that all unit owners, guests, and tenants be mindful of others when enjoying the balconies.
12. TRASH : The trash chute shall not be used between the hours of 9:00pm. and 7:00am. Leaving trash in the closet that contains the trash chute is prohibited. It is not the responsibility of the Building Management Staff to dispose of the trash of residents of the Century I Condominium whether unit owners, guests, or tenants. All trash being placed into the bins at the north-west corner of the building and in the trash chutes shall be in bags. Cardboard boxes are to be broken down and disposed of in the cardboard dumpster located on the north end between Century I and English Towers. Disposal of large items such as furniture, appliances, carpeting and other heavy or bulky trash are the responsibility of the unit owner and should not be left on Century I Condominium property without notifying the Building Management first. There is a fee for disposal of such items.
13. LOITERING : Loitering in lobbies, hallways, walkways, elevators, stairways, the exercise room, the meeting room, and the parking lot is Century 1 Condominium Rules & Regulations Revised May 2016 prohibited, and no obstruction or personal items shall be placed on walkways, hallways or stairways.
14. SPORTS ACTIVITIES : Skate boarding, ball playing, and other similar sports activities are not permitted on Century I Condominium property.
15. LUGGAGE CARTS : Luggage carts must be returned to the ground floor after use and may not be stored overnight in or around units. Returning the luggage carts to the ground floor is the responsibility of the individual using the cart. It is not the responsibility of the Building Management staff to collect used luggage carts and return them to the ground floor.
16. WET SUITS : Persons wearing wet bathing suits shall not enter the lobby unless instructed otherwise. Please use outside showers to remove sand from one’s person and property before entering Century I Condominium building.
17. SURFBOARDS/BICYCLES : Surfboards are not permitted on any elevator, whether lobby elevator or beach elevator. If surfboard is to be taken to a unit, it must be carried up the stairway. Bicycles are not permitted on lobby elevators. They may, however, be taken on the beach elevator.
18. POOL : Pool hours are 10:00am to 10:00pm beginning Memorial Day weekend through the end of September, inclusive. However, for the owners to exercise, the pool opens 9:00am to 10:00am, Monday through Friday. No lifeguard is on duty. Use of the pool is at the user’s own risk. Children under the age of fifteen (15) years are not permitted in the pool or the pool area unless accompanied by a supervising adult. Diving into the swimming pool is not permitted at any time. No food or beverages are permitted in the pool or the pool area. Before entering the pool, one must use the outside shower to wash any sand from one's person. Failure to do so results in sand infiltrating the pool filtration system causing equipment failure and a forced closure of pool.
19. OCCUPANCY LIMIT : All units shall be limited to the overnight occupancy of no more than (8) persons.
20. ALTERATIONS : No one may alter or change in any way, any limited common element or any structural element including, but not limited to Century 1 Condominium Rules & Regulations Revised May 2016 balconies and privacy partitions, without prior written permission from the Board of Directors.
21. UNIT RENOVATION : Any remodeling, major repairs, or beautification that requires construction noise, moving bulk items, installing flooring, etc. must be performed during the 'off season'. This is Oct 1 - April 30. The unit owner is responsible for ensuring that any common areas impacted are cleaned of all grim and residue and for the cost of repairing any damage to any common areas as a result of the work being done.
22. SMOKING : Smoking is prohibited in all common areas including but not limited to, the lobby, stairways, halls, exercise room, meeting room, and the pool area.
23. OWNER’S RENTAL ISSUES : If an owner rents his or her unit themselves and the Building Management Staff has to intervene by assisting the tenant in a matter regarding the unit or any other matter concerning Century I Condominium, the unit owner will be charged a $100.00 fee for each incident over and above any cost for parts that may be required to resolve the incident.
24. ENFORCEMENT : Authority for the enforcement of these Rules and Regulations as defined above is hereby delegated to the Building Management Staff including, but not limited to, the Building Manager, members of the Building Manager's staff, members of the Security staff and members of the Maintenance staff.